The Perfect Fettuccine Carbonara Recipe
Fettuccine Carbonara is a great meal that can be whipped up quickly and cheaply with minimal fuss. Try this delicious Fettuccine Carbonara recipe you’ll be sure to love it.
Ingredients (serves 2)
6 rashes bacon, thinly sliced
5 button mushrooms, sliced (Optional)
½ brown onion, diced
2 cloves crushed garlic
3 egg yolks, beaten
½ cup cream
Parmesan cheese, grated
Dry fettuccine pasta, sufficient for 2 people
1. Fill a large saucepan two thirds full with water and add a teaspoon or two of salt
2. Bring to boil and add the fettuccine pasta
3. Fry the bacon and onions in a pan over medium heat
4. Add a dash of olive oil during cooking and add mushrooms and garlic to the pan
5. Set the bacon, onion, and mushroom mixture aside
6. When pasta is cooked al dente, remove from heat and drain reserving the liquid
7. Immediately add the pasta back to the saucepan and place on a very low heat
8. Stir the beaten egg yolks and cream into the pasta and add sufficient reserved liquid to make a creamy sauce
9. Add the bacon, mushroom and onion mixture and stir to combine
10. Serve while still hot and garnish with black pepper, parmesan cheese, and parsley
You can also use spaghetti instead of fettuccine. You can adjust the amount of garlic to suit your personal taste.
Tell us your tips and secret ingredients for a perfect Fettuccine Carbonara recipe in the comments section below.