You can’t go past freshly baked authentic creamy New York Cheesecake. This creamy dessert will add a taste of New York to any dinner party so try this delicious New York Cheesecake recipe at your next gathering, it’s simple to make and most importantly tastes heavenly.
Makes: 1 Cheesecake
Ingredients Serves 10
200g Nice biscuits
75g unsalted butter, melted
800g cream cheese
190g caster sugar
3 egg yolks
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs lemon juice
300ml sour cream
Good-quality icing sugar, to dust
Strawberries to garnish
block of favourite chocolate to create decorative chocolate curls
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 22-23cm round spring form pan. Place 2 layers of aluminium foil on the outside of the pan (prevents water seeping into the pan while cooking in the water bath).
2. Crush the biscuits in a food processor. Combine biscuit crumbs with melted butter and press into the base of the pan.
3. Place the cream cheese, 170g caster sugar, eggs, egg yolks, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and the lemon juice in a food processor. Blend until smooth, then pour over the biscuit base. Place the cheesecake in a large roasting pan and pour boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the spring form pan. Position an oven shelf in the middle of the oven and bake for 1 hour.
4. Beat together sour cream, remaining sugar and vanilla and pour over the cake. Return cheesecake to oven for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside in the pan to cool, then refrigerate for 4 hours.
5. To serve, decorate with chocolate curls. Serve dusted with icing sugar and garnish with fresh strawberries.
To make recipe a gluten-free cheesecake, substitute the biscuits for a gluten-free biscuit to create the cheesecake base.
Tell us your tips and secret ingredients for a perfect New York Cheesecake Recipe in the comments section below.